Can I just say that matreps are kental? Encountered 2 of their kind at work. It was a sat and I was hoping for no screw ups as usual. Before I start off with my story, let me fill you guys in with how etp system works.
As you all have known, I'm under the rides dept and of course, there are certain protocols we need to follow. Our duty is to ensure the safety of our guests and also ourselves. We have to make sure that everything runs smoothly and be aware of our surroundings. Making sure that every guest queue up before they take their ride is part of our job too. So how do we do that? By looking at every single one in the queue. Tough? Aha! You decide.
So back to the story. I was in-charge of the flume ride (or you can say wet & wild). That day can be said quite crowded since sch hols have started (I envy those lucky kids!). As the day goes by, there were a lot of kids trying to act like ah beng or matrep. Some are ok while some are simply horrendous! So you can imagine how long the queue was and me having to handle alone when my partner goes for break. And what can you expect when somethings just have to happen when there were a lot of guests. We had to stop operation for few minutes coz apparently there were problems with one of the cctv cameras. Like it or not, the guests have to wait till the camera was fixed. As I looked ard, there was this grp of 4 mats n minahs. I'd noticed them from afar and there were no other peeps joining them. They came a long way and were slightly behind the turnstiles waiting 4 their turn. While waiting and looking at the cctv, 2 mats happily walked up to that grp. So what does that tell you? Yes, the cut queue! Other guests were looking at them and were furious of coz. So I had this convo wif them.
me: did u guys queue juz now? them: got la. u didnt c us meh? we were wif them before we went to toilet. me: erm like no! i didnt c u coz apparently its my job to look at every guests who q here. them: as if u look at everyone! dun anyhow la. me: i rly didnt c u q. if u did, u shd have tell me u were gg to toilet so i will noe. them: go toilet also must tell u isit? stop it la eh! me: of course la, u idiot! so at least other guests wont misunderstand tht u all cut q. them: we gt ask our fren who works here also la. he said can go in back if we go to toilet for a while. me: eh, dun bullshit ah. who is in charge here? me or ur fren? them: how i noe we need to tell u? we dun noe wat. me: now u noe right? so next time do that!
Apparently, there were more to that. The minahs were so erm..how do i put it... So kental. Yes. So get this. Found out the truth. They lied. I asked the fren they were saying and he said they didnt ask him anythg. They just went to see him and talked. He didnt even noe about them being at the flume ride. Those lucky fcuking matreps! Can you blame me if matreps keep creating problems? Go create your problem elsewhere!